How you can improve you’re average club head speed using a 7
While club head speed is not everything in golf it does play a significant part in improving your game. Believe it or not using a 7 iron can be the quickest way to perfect the technique to increasing club head speed.
I used to go to the range almost everyday as a youngster and practice my golf. Some says I would just bring one club so I didn’t have to haul over a heavy bag. Can you guess what club I brought over ? Yes the reason is I found it to just be the most versatile and easy to use and its a middle of the road iron. From smashing a 165 yard draw to almost performing a sort of semi flop chip shot the 7 iron will allow you to unlock and ingrain your technique quite easily and thus improve club head speed.
There have been many days I went out with a long Iron only to come back and have learnt nothing as I was unable to even make 1 good contact. In golf you are looking for that soft solid contact and then you see the ball take off. You need to develop a certain amount of club head speed to achieve adequate compression of the golf ball.
How to increase club head or swing speed
1. Loosen grip slightly and never over grip the club.
2. Shift weight to the back leg during the back swing but try not to sway too much.
3. Create a tight coil between the Torso and Hips.
4. Once at top of the back swing release the hips and transfer the weight to the front foot. Once you get to this point the rest will fall into place.
5. Drop the arms and make contact then finish the swing.